Maeve Lynch is a visual artist and arts worker. She first studied Theatre Production before graduating from CIT Crawford College of Art and Design in 2012 with first class honours in Fine Art. She holds a Higher Diploma in Public Relations (2014) and recently completed her Masters in Art and Research Collaboration at IADT. Her work spans many mediums from printmaking, sculpture and video. She has exhibited both nationally and internationally including China and Lithuania. Maeve’s work can be found in both public (OPW) and private collections including the Eli Lilly Print Purchase Prize collection. She was awarded a Print Residency Award at CIT Crawford College in 2012 and she has undertaken residencies in Cill Rialig and Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo Turin.
She has facilitated a number of educational projects and events including most recently Moving Still project with The Glucksman Gallery; Art in The Making CCAD, LSAD & Lismore Castle Arts; Bookbinding workshop for world book fest, Cork City Library; Rosc: Fiction of the Contemporary at Irish Museum of Modern Art and she has been a guest lecturer in PR and Sales on the Masters in Art and Process at CIT Crawford College of Art and Design.
Maeve Lynch’s work is driven by her interest in perception, materiality and structures. She works in a variety of media including print, sculpture, installation and audio visual elements. Her work is concerned with architecture and landscape as site, manipulating the space within existing structures through installation, video and sound. Maeve explores the live, illusionary and transformative quality of materials and how these can blur the line between two and three dimensionality.
Office of public works state art collection
Numerous Private Collection, in Ireland and the UK
Awards & Residencies
- Cork City Council Artist Bursary 2023
- Agility Award 2021
- Cork City Council Individual Artist Bursary Award 2019
- Eli Lilly Print Purchase Prize, 2016
- Curatorial Residency, Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo, Turin 2016
- Awarded a residency in March 2015 in Cill Rialig Artist Retreat
- June 2012, Graduate Residency Award in print, Crawford College or Art and Design
- 2011 RDS student art awards, selected for exhibition in RDS and selected for the travelling exhibition to Farmleigh Gallery
- Full member of Cork Printmakers
- Review in the Enclave Review by Chris Clarke of The Infinite Line [A Search for the Unknown] https://enclavereview.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/clarke-infinite-line.pdf
- Review of Site Assembly Solo Exhibition by Marc O' Sullivan of The Irish Examiner http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/artsfilmtv/artsvibe/reviews-266909.html
- Arts Lives, The Irish Examiner, 19/07/2012
- CCAD Textiles participating in Lithuanian Exhibition, The Learning City, Magazine of Cork Institute of Technology, December 2011, Volume 13, Issue 1
- Review of hOurs @ Ground Floor Gallery, by Leslie Allen, The Avant online magazine, August 2011, http://theavant.wordpress.com/